1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’d pass on to your friends the wise words of our esteemed QYFW:

LongTimeListener and QYFW like this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Our twins are only 2 1/2, but we kept them home from daycare today so people would think they're politically engaged.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FoxNews interviewed one of their objective guests, spokeswoman for the National Republican Congressional Campaign Comittee, on the election results and she said it was an anomoly based solely on the unique factors present in SW Pa.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Reading the comments about the student walk out on the Facebook page for my town (which voted 70-30 Clinton) makes you want to give up on humanity.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that there are a lot of people who respect the kids, and are glad to see them actively engaged in civics. They are nowhere near as vocal as the people who have their noses out of joint.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah, self-defense rounds that are commonly loaded are designed to break apart upon contact.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just keep picturing those panel ceilings in many buildings, the kind in which you can push away the square panels with your hand.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

BTE, how do you say "trolling" in Russian?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Must be on Rosetta Stone Level 6, if they ever decide to go past 5.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Unless, of course, they're supporting one of their causes or playing sports without diving into anything political.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is never a right way to protest for the comfortable who want no change.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing this morning while reading a pearl-clutcher lose her shit over unruly children breaking rules and doing something beyond the sole purpose of school, learning.

Someone else chimed in that it would be appropriate for the protesting students to be forced to write essays on adults who had found better ways to create change. I assume she meant people like MLK jr or George Washington, people who never broke any rules to make their point.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.