1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The six-plus decades of Russian belligerence, the Cold War, the arms race - nothing to see there. All ancient history.
    Fart was a child of the atomic age. I don't know about BTExpress but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wanna see a sick burn?

I'll throw this one in for lagniappe:

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How "brave" do you have to be to torture someone? Even if you call it enhanced interrogation - I don't see where bravery comes into it. And the reason waterboarding is used in SERE training is because some of our enemies might not be so civilized as we once claimed to be.
    Of course studies have shown that torture (or enhanced interrogation) is a less-effective technique than other forms, but I hate to say that those who authorize it are more interested in "looking tough" and perhaps get off on it, than they are actually obtaining useful intelligence.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not at all. Given a reason, absolutely they're more than capable.

But there's just no reason for them to do it. As of this moment the attack is doing Russia more harm than good --- unless someone can engage in a little critical thinking and explain how this benefits them. But so far all I've seen is the Easy Button "Putin's a meanypants who likes to kill," and that's mighty weak.

6. BTExpress

Harry Truman started the Cold War in 1947. And people like Thomas Power and Curtis LeMay tried their best to turn it into a hot war.

Hint: A nation reeling from the loss of 26 million people to the Nazis is not thinking "We need more war!" They're thinking, "This shit is NEVER going to happen again."

We install Jupiter missiles in Turkey and call it defense. The Soviets install them in Cuba, and we call it belligerence. Exact same action, viewed 180 degrees apart.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

Someone had to carry on Yankee_Fan's contrarianism.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

So Truman was the cause of the military expansionism advocated by Russia, which has been tyrannizing its direct neighbors since the Romanovs.

9. BTExpress

No, that was the Nazis. To make sure "this shit NEVER happens again."

I just can't get through to people what WWII meant to that country. All I can do is ask how we would react if we had five 9/11s a day, every day, for 1,200 days.

BTW, King Charles XII of Sweden, the Ottoman Empire and Napoleon I were not the greatest of neighbors. Those Swedes were badass in their day.

1972 Olympics. Olga Korbut on the uneven bars. The heartbreak. The triumph. That anthem.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    HanSenSE likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This guy is being touted as the next head of the VA.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Whoa. ... Who the FUCK was in charge of safety for that dumb stunt?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

First Liz Cheney is literally satan’s spawn
    Second,She’s part of the lying and deceit that got us into Iraq to find fake WMDs and her point of view is responsibly for 100’s of thousands of dead, including braveAmerican soldiers, sailors airmen and marines.
    Third, anyone who’s nominated by trump to do anything lacks the self respect and intelligence to the job.
    FOurth, keep talking Cheney, real Americans hate your family only slightly less than trump’s

.and because I dont care what people who will disagree with me on this think, I hope when your parents die it’s a slow and painful death. Though DIck Cheney is too much of a coward and will probably shoot himself in the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.