1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I know that our dimmer posters have trouble with nuance, but it is perfectly possible for Comey to have been wrong in how he handled Clinton and also wrongly fired in an obstruction of justice by Trump.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

McCabe is going to end up just fine financially.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Slacker and melock like this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know it's a tweet, and tweets seem like disposable puff by nature, but that's a pretty incredible statement by someone of real substance.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's just hope the dustbin is not radioactive.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But if it's Ned's Atomic Dustbin, it's OK by me.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McCabe kept notes and wrote memos to himself about all his conversations with Trump. Still has them, too.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

But McCabe is also right that everything the Trumpists have done is designed to make him at least appear to be an unreliable, partisan witness.

Trump's entire operation is based not on countering the arguments against him, but the people making those arguments. It's sick, but it's been effective.

lakefront likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Avengers Assemble!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I question its effectiveness completely. Just because Fox and the dead-enders echo his bullshit doesn't mean the majority believes it.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There is also a generation that hated Nixon and everything he stood for... but then they retired, started watching Fox News, and pretended they loved Nixon all along.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This was a point I made earlier. The ERM, extreme right media (Fox Bretbart Infowars Blaze Red State and XM Patriot among a few), is a niche business. That doesn't mean it's not successful. Pontiac went out of business but Mercedes did not, yet Pontiac sold many more vehicles and many more customers than Mercedes ever did. I don't know if they are pulling their viewers with them or are being pushed by their consumers to be ever more extreme. Probably a combination. One of the joys and difficulties in having a quality intelligence is that many things are not simplistic and not everything is common sense (fluid dynamics, structural engineering, music, physics...). The RWM plays on this by offering simplistic explanations for everything and pose conspiracies as common sense.

Put there's no denying that 62.9 million people voted for trump. OTOH 73,769,00 voted against him.

Is the RWM reflective of the 62.9 considering their consumers number less than 5% of trump's total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.