1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This times 100.

Most people don’t get it yet: inherently weak Constitution + complicit party + corrupt leaders = the coup has already happened.

RickStain likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone thinking a Republican House member up for re-election will do anything before they win their primary is kidding themselves. Most of the big state primary's aren't until June, and there are a few in August (florida) as well.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, it declined to 33,000.

And yet for the last 6-7 years it has increased several thousand.

I assume the 15% uptick since 2015 corresponds to a lack of licenses, registrations, insurance and reasonable limits on operation.

BTE's 90-year-old дедушка surely is going to add to the uptick of auto fatalities any day now.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

[ to think he was going to collect his pension. Trump is one mean bastard.
    On the other hand, I wonder if the attention to this will give him the platform to make that money by another means (book etc.)[/QUOTE]

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No guessing what Trump thinks here: He called neo-Nazis "very fine people."

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I thought since, unlike guns, cars were "regulated" for safety, this would be taken care of, no? Which was kind of my point. Not that my 90-year-old dad has had all of two accidents in 70+ years, but that if/when he gets to the point where he surely is a danger, WHAT is the regulation to stop him? There is none . . . other than me or some family member. So I think we can stop with the "why can't guns be regulated like cars?" memes.

He's my отец.

Songbird likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s the answer to what you asked.

We wouldn’t do anything, regardless of which parties place blame where.

Because “rights.”

There’s nothing we can do to prevent these things.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

мои извинения

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes take the keys. My mother had little scrape marks on her car, had no idea how they got there. My worry was definitely her mowing down some mother pushing a baby stroller.
    My suggestion at the time was take away the keys and sell the car, use the money from car sale for taxi, uber rides. Never got to that point but I think it may have been a good solution for safety and financial considerations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.