1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I can't believe I missed the part of the argument where we compare guns to cars. That's always my favorite part.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They're thinking of parking a car in front of every school in America.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There’s a popular analogy going around that tries to link guns and cars. “You need a license to drive a car!” gun control advocates scream, “and it needs to be registered! Why not do the same thing with dangerous guns? It’s only common sense!” It’s a line so popular that even a wolf in sheep’s clothing at Guns & Ammo fell for it. But if you actually take a second and dissect that argument, it completely falls apart of its own weight. Guns are, in fact, already far more heavily regulated that cars. In fact, treating guns like cars would require a reduction in regulation, not an increase. So, let’s take a peek at the truth behind these claims . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/foghorn/debunking-guns-treated-like-cars-analogy/

[​IMG]

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Iron_chet likes this.
  5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't want to rip this kid but his post makes zero sense.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe QWERTY can explain it to you.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Must only apply to shaking hands with people or something.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Obama was impeached?

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If you're gonna be dumb, I guess you might as well go all the way with it.

HanSenSE and BadgerBeer like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well, Clinton wasn't impeached for cheating on his wife. If we're gonna be accurate. Anyway, the larger point is the sudden morality of the Left. It's a tad obvious.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Trump is a total idiot and unfit for the job, but this is how it's going to be from now until kingdom come in this country. Even when a grown-up is running the country again, probably starting in 2020, it's going to be four non-stop years of he's a bad guy/is not/is so/is not/is so back-and-forth.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly want to run for office in this country and volunteer for that shit.

HC likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The unfortunate thing is that there are plenty of legitimate reasons for political leaders to be criticized, using their position for personal profit, putting campaign donations ahead of the public good...but nobody pays attention to that. It has to be sex (whether fiction or fact), religion or something else that stirs the public's basest instincts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.