1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

In general, that’s the best course of action. But I assume you don’t think unfair personal attacks such as those against Rubio or purposeful “misstatements” regarding the laws and policies at issue should be ignored, right? If the debate is truly important, there has to be a modicum of objectivity in the coverage.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Misstatements happen all the time on both sides. Everyone lies. You know that. Let them say their piece and be on their way.

(BTW, I'm very much for more gun control. But I've grown fatigued by the kids. And where Hogg goes to college - and what he thinks about college debt - is really immaterial to me.)

QYFW likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Hogg and Gonzalez believe in what they're doing, but also sense some earning potential beyond the Target snack bar and other bonehead jobs I held when I was Hogg's age.
    They lost me when they urged a tourism boycott of Florida.
    You want to needle the lawmakers, have at it. Leave the tourism industry (Florida's lifeblood) out of it.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

@QYFW

I think I owe you an apology. After a long back and forth with someone from Parkland who has a daughter who goes to that school, there just might be something fishy about David Hogg.
    He said, according to his daughter, nobody had ever seen or heard of him before.
    He also said he watched this video where Hogg is rehearsing his lines before going on TV and something was obviously not right. I tried to tell him he was full of shit. I cited factchecks from Snopes and other web sites, but as the guy said, he knows what he saw and what he heard and he can think for himself. Maybe it's about time I stopped relying on Snopes and did the same.
    As the guy told me "I dont like the conspiracy theory stuff, but if you looked at that vid, tell me it didn't raise suspicions with you? It's not a good look. He's the ONLY eye witness there, yet he's being fed lines???? Again, the eye witness i spoke to didn't have ONE PERSON talking around her. She was the only voice and we were so captivated we couldn't speak if we wanted to."
    Again, I'm sorry.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No apology necessary. I was a little over the top in my responses to you and that was uncalled for.

All I know of Hogg is his public persona, which is obviously managed. I really do hope his parents or some authority figure close to him will come to their senses and give him some positive guidance.

7. Smallpotatoes

Does that video seem fishy to you at all?

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Whatever that is, it’s certainly odd.

9. Smallpotatoes

What strikes you as odd?

10. RickStain

Sandy Hook truthers are amongst the most vile people in the planet. I’m more surprised than I should be to see some on this board flirt with that path.

11. Smallpotatoes

I don't like them much either, but you can't ask people to disbelieve what they see and hear for themselves.

12. RickStain

You did not see David Hogg not attending school there with your own eyes and ears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.