1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It shows their hypocrisy in that they're complaining the kids are scripted while they have their own talking points.

They're honestly terrified to have an honest debate over this issue and show how desperate they are to avoid talking about it. And their usual games aren't working. Look how "thoughts and prayers" are now being mocked. Talk about scripted slogans.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There are two stories from the same press conference and they disagree on the number of times the victim was shot from behind. Everybody heard the same words from the same (very direct) source. Odd.
    The same general conclusion is obvious, however. The cops are going to have some explaining to do.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And another response from the guy. I guess based on his experience being interviewed after fights, interviews are not rehearsed. Of course this same person thinks apricot seeds cured a loved one of cancer and chemo is dangerous and ineffective and I'm wrong for pointing out that his own personal experience is wrong, that what he sees and hears doesn't matter and only what Snopes says is important.

" Because you don't rehearse interviews. The kid was literally trying to get his answers down as they were written. Come on now. Are you just joking or you seriously believe what you are saying. So what? You mean you've seen people rehearse their interviews? High school kids rehearsing their interviews? Trying to get the right answers? That's fishy."

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Grrrrrowing conspiracy
    Everyone's after me
    Frayed ends of sanity
    Hear them calling
    *chunk chunk chunk chunk*
    Hear them calling meeeeeeeee

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Eyewitness reporters need to bear down!

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

A fighter doing a post-fight interview can't rehearse his answers. In other situations, people absolutely rehearse their answers, to try to make their thoughts and language as clear and powerful as possible. It's why some subjects ask for the questions in advance of a sit-down. They want to get their thoughts straight. A high-school kid suddenly in the spotlight, about to be asked questions that he knows will likely be asked? Of course he's going to rehearse. Shit, I rehearse the questions I'm going to ask at a presser sometimes. I don't want to fuck up in front of an audience. I don't imagine David Hogg does, either.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I would love to try one of thos oldies, I must have as a kid. Now we have some that seem to have styrofoam (?) with a fabric coating. I had a plastic saucer that i crashed and burned with this year. i would love to try the inflatable round types. The look like a water float. I think those may go pretty fast. Can't wait until next winter!!

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BadgerBeer and Slacker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.