1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cheatin' Obama has been married to the same woman for 30+ years. How many marriages, affairs and girlfriends has Trump had in that time.

And, to borrow from " Ball Four" Trump's been with so many women. He must be a lousy lay.

I Should Coco and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Swingline has a very Unfair contract with the Post Office. We must Renegotiate now as tax payers are bering the cost and making him Very rich!"

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

As much as I hated him on the campaign trail, his cuts were deep and often funny when he made up a nickname in '16. You're right. He really isn't trying anymore.

5. Inky_Wretch

Per the pool report, Trump said he's going to send the military to secure the border with Mexico.

No word on the Canadian border, however. Those hosers are free to smuggle Moosehead, poutine and SCTV DVDs with impunity.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Trump says rotary phone-related injuries at lowest level in 100 years

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Color me shocked.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The traitorous Trump is in power due to a criminally fraudulent election so the Democrats owe it to the oath they swore to do everything in their power to block every nominee.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why Trump is more popular than ever

There was, I like fondly to imagine, a different course that might have been taken here. It is just possible, I suppose, that members of my profession could have exercised their reasoning faculties to decide what in the administration was good, what was bad, what was unremarkable or indistinguishable from what any modern president would do, what was painfully idiotic, what was, perhaps, evil. We chose not to exercise this responsibility. Instead we decided to indulge in our live-action roleplaying fantasies about being brave selfless journos taking on a mean demagogue because we love the Constitution so much. . . .

If we want to convince people who voted for him that the president no longer deserves their support, we need to stop talking about him. Or to be more precise, we need to stop making Trump the universal metric according to which all of human conduct is weighed and considered. . . .

Pretending that anything the president says or does is bad because he is the one saying or doing isn't just bad journalism. You might as well be wearing a MAGA hat and whooping about the Wall.

12. Inky_Wretch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.