1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A subtle suggestion to his base. If you think somebody might be considering protesting and advocating for restrictions on weapons of mass murder, feel free to intimidate them.

garrow likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

That guy is draping himself in the First Amendment and calling himself a martyr, but when you write stuff like he did in a public forum and you identify yourself with a particular employer, you should expect that employers to be dismayed by the association. Dismayed enough to tell you to go away.

3. tapintoamerica

This could be fun.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

They're bringing thugs. They're racists. And some, I assume, are good people.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump denying he knew anything about the payment to Stormy being makes it look like they are setting up Michael Cohen as the fall guy. If Trump "knew nothing about it", who else does that leave to blame? The thing is that Cohen knows *a lot* of Trump's dirt. I'm not sure that even if he agrees to be paid for his silence that he'll stay silent if it looks like he'll serve prison time. I think he'll roll over first.

Avenatti here with Joy Reid discussing that and more. Trump really screwed up talking about it Thursday on AF1.

6. tapintoamerica

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You would think, after what happened to Gabby Giffords and Steve Scalise, that the GOP would just tell Nugent and his ilk to go to hell.

9. Baron Scicluna

Well, I won't vote for Ted Kennedy anymore.

melock and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

When your tribe is rotten to the core, bash members of the opposing party who are dead or inactive. Good work. Distraction is the child of disgrace.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ever since Trump was elected I've been hearing about how Kushner has this white elephant of an office building at 666 5th Ave, and speculation that he won't be able to make the payments on it. Now I'm reading that Vornado, who owns 49% of it, is selling their half to the Kushner Co. So where is the $900m or so that will cost coming from all of a sudden?

Vornado reaches 'handshake' deal with Kushner Companies on 666 Fifth Avenue

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  12. Baron Scicluna

And they have to go all the way back to 1969 to do it.

They really are desperate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.