1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Speaking of abortion ...

HC likes this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

lakefront badly needs the "d"

LongTimeListener likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SpeedTchr and garrow like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only. The. Best. People.

Interior Official Compared Parkland Students To Nazis, Promoted Conspiracies

And the false flag conspiracy theories are just the tip of the crazy ...

But his career took a downturn in 2000, when he was convicted of “attempted malicious wounding” for cutting the brakes on his ex-girlfriend’s car, causing her to crash. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison. Because of the felony, Sabo was disbarred in DC in 2003. He petitioned to be readmitted to the bar in DC in 2011 and was denied — in part because he pleaded guilty to another criminal charge in 2009 that involved taking items from a Home Depot without paying for them and attempting to return them. The charge was “larceny by false pretenses,” and was dismissed after Sabo paid a fine and completed community service hours.

The District of Columbia Court of Appeals overruled the Bar and reinstated him in 2012. “We are persuaded by Mr. Sabo’s testimony that he is a changed man,” the judges wrote, in a split 2-1 decision.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have a friend who works at the CFPB (and needless to say is sending out resumes). They aren't subject to the typical GS system for salaries, which is why the people are well paid, and they get/got top talent.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The good guys of history strike again:

8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

The audio of Abby Johnson advising against using CPCs to support early childcare beyond a few months was beyond infuriating. I think abortion is heinous, but I think this segment does a good job highlighting the unwitting role a lot of pro-lifers have in the situation. If these folks were a tenth as motivated to offer aid to young mothers as they are to make sure babies make it to term, I'm betting fewer women would consider abortion their only option.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I got on Twitter perhaps six months back. The vast majority of those I follow are either sportswriters or those on the political beat, be they WH writers or correspondants, political commentators, or people who I repeatedly read shrewd comments from. Some of those I read and bring here, usually with the article they commented on attached. I could just post the article, which I likely would not have seen, and let y'all think I found it. I could take their analysis or joke and attach it and try to pass it off as my own. Both seem dishonest to me, so I copy and paste both most of the time.

Generally when I post five or six in a row, it's because I've been away, checked my feed and found several I thought were interesting. I don't mean to overwhelm the thread with them, but if I don't post them they'll disappear downstream and I'll lose them. The other reason that I throw several up in a row is when I'm up and on the 'puter at 2 a.m. and no one else is posting. More than once I've waited for someone else to post a couple of things before I post one, because I am conscious that I'm throwing up a wall of tweets.

I don't mind commenting or conversation, but a lot of these are fairly obscure and might well not be seen otherwise and seem interesting or newsworthy. Of course, my interesting is someone else's waste of space. I don't mean it to be annoying.

Iron_chet and lakefront like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think it was beyond 6 months but the point is still well-taken.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

---- Of course we "want" to lead the world. My point is we do not have the right to do so, and any leadership we do feel entitled to ends at the point where we do not allow other nations to have a sphere of influence or to pursue their own interests.
    ---- We don't need to be isolationists. That being said, we do not need to stick our nose into every world hotspot. The interests of countries near those hotspots supersede the interests of a nation 6,000 miles away. They are there. They have to deal with the eventual consequences that spill into their countries. We do not.
    ---- China may eventually set the tone. And looking at it objectively, why shouldn't they? Russia is a non-factor, other than the pesky fact that they have 8,000 nukes. If, however, they ever are capable of harnessing the $75 trillion of natural resources they're sitting on (almost double that of any other nation) . . . hoo boy. :eek:

This article explains why Russia's natural resources are a mixed blessing. I admit, I had never heard of the term "Dutch Disease" before.

Natural Resources and Their Implications for Russia’s Economic and Political Development

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.