1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

WaPo Daily 202:

"Bolton continues to clean house. Deputy national security adviser Ricky Waddell just became the fourth official under his domain to call it quits this week. “Senior White House officials said other personnel changes could happen in the coming days on the National Security Council,” Josh Dawsey and Greg Jaffe report. “One former senior administration official called him a ‘steady hand and a workhorse.’ But he was not known to have a particularly close relationship with Trump.”

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Or you could, you know, look at websites that don't talk politics. Some of you guys seem to have an unhealthy obsession with all this bullshit.

Liut and doctorquant like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Hey. Poor doorman has to work two jobs to put food on the table for mother and baby.

[​IMG]

5. Neutral Corner

Really good analysis here from Marcy Taylor on Trump pardoning Libby as a dangle to convince people like Cohen and Manafort that he'll protect them.

Very much worth a read, because Trump's position and vulnerabilities don't lend themselves well to making this strategy work. Trump has shitty lawyers and is getting bad advice. I'm not often thankful for his idiotic chaos management style, but on this I am.

The Libby Pardon: Trump’s Object Lesson in Presidential Firewalls – emptywheel

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

LOL

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

фалсе флаг

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Specifically what info did he not turn over to those in charge? What info is he only releasing now? I find it hard to believe that he has not told the authorities everything related to the case and he is now telling it to us?

Webster likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I assumed they broke down the door because he got locked out. Why get a locksmith when you can have your "muscle" do it?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

James Comey got caught up between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, two of the biggest hyenas who have every lived (even if she is more polished than he is). But Comey may be the most honest man ever to achieve the kind of power he did. And I say that as someone who is always super skeptical of the Feds. For those of you who have posted things questioning Comey's integrity, read up about the incident when he was in the Justice Department and AG John Ashcroft was in the hospital in really bad shape, and Andy Card and Alberto Gonzalez tried to bypass Ashcroft to reauthorize the domestic surveillance program even though the Justice Department had just determined it was illegal. Comey alerted Bob Mueller, who was head of the FBI at the time, and raced to the hospital to prevent the two slimeballs from getting a barely conscious Ashcroft to sign anything. At the time, Andy Card may have been the most powerful man in DC, so Comey was putting his career on the line to do what he thought was right.

I have no doubt that Comey's account of it was overly dramatic. He likes to present himself as the most ethical, earnest man on earth. But just because he has an ego, doesn't mean he actually isn't the real deal. In the Clinton / Trump sagas that he had the misfortune to get caught in the middle of, he never stood a chance -- no matter what he did, there would be partisans ready to shred his reputation. But I don't see how anyone being honest with themselves can question his integrity and the fact that he really tried to do what he thought was right -- whether or not you agree that he took the right courses of action. Contrast that to the ammoral bullshit artist who fired him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.