1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We have a recent (by historical terms) habit of making big claims of WMDs in order to justify military invasion, only to find out the government was wrong.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The second Iraq war included military support basically only from Great Britain among our main military allies (France, which had supported the first Gulf War, did not supply military aid for the invading force in 2003). Having both on board for this/these operations does lend them credibility.

I'm just going to assume you missed my original post in which I expressed skepticism for the claims being made while stating that, assuming the claims of chemical weapons use are true, this is the right decision.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree with your current assessment; I just also know America’s standing as the leader of the free world will resume quickly enough as soon as the shit truly hits the fan at some point after the Cheese Wheel is out of the Oval Office and is replaced by a competent adult.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We had to destroy the country to save the country. A policy upgrade from Vietnam.

We should not have meddled in (South Vietnam, Laos, Thailand) Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya or some of the smaller (Southeast Asian) Gulf States that were 'troubled'. Or (Cambodia) Syria.

Congress won't ever stand up to the DOD, never listens to the people, and every generation continues to make the same mistakes.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Fred siegle likes this.
  6. RickStain

I don't see why that assumption should be given enough weight to be stated, and I also don't agree. When you screw up as monumentally as we have, you have to do things by the book. Another week for UN inspectors to determine what happened would have hurt nothing.

7. RickStain

Until Manafort is facing a charge that carries a stiffer penalty than a uranium umbrella to the knee, he isn’t flipping

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Aside from Raytheon's bottom line, in what way does last night's production of US Tomahawk Theater benefit anyone?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Mission Accomplished,"

- Captain Queeg.

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.