1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Soon enough.

That is a cult. Watch the commercials and see how all of them have the same blue shirts buttoned up just enough for the cross to hang over.

lakefront likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did you know something?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

One of the problems with him, you can never, ever trust his word, no matter who you are or what the subject is. Always assume he is lying.

6. DanOregon

Hannity's name isn't even in a headline on the Fox News page right now.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You'd think someone would have run it by corporate by now.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Could one of board lawyers enlighten me as to why Hannity being the third person named is an important story? I'm not asking this sarcastically -- I hope I see the day where he is led out of Fox News in handcuffs -- but I'm curious as to why this is an important development, or what the possibilities could be of having Hannity as a client.

10. DanOregon

A) consider Cohen's most notable work recently. B) A journalist "covering" this to the extent Hannity has not disclosing it to his audience. Might be a bigger "journalism" problem for Hannity than anything else.
    Unless this is going to be another one of those "I didn't know he was doing anything for me" responses.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So far, because Hannity has been doing solo improv this afternoon, his story and Cohen's don't quite jibe. This is a problem for Cohen because he has made representations in court. If they don't stand up, he's got yet another criminal problem on his hands.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hannity has already put out statements saying that it was an informal thing of sorts. He talked to him a few times with legal questions, but it was just for input, didn't involve Cohen representing him with regard to any other party, and he was never invoiced or paid Cohen for anything.

While the informal legal advice thing works best for Hannity, it kind of doesn't work for Cohen, because he needs to be convincing the court that he's a practicing attorney with a ton of clients whose rights are going to be violated if the Feds can go through the stuff they seized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.