1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Obviously it has trouble recruiting McDonalds' All-American level taint.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nothing.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The only decent, honorable men left in America are an infantile tyrant, his sleazebag lawyer and the boorish TV yakker who will do anything to protect them.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed. But I think that if Cohen did the same work for Trump as he previously did, he just assumed it would all be privileged.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This still begs the question - how come an attorney who has misrepresented his clients, made deals they were not aware of on their behalf and referred to someone as a client who isn't - still be supported by those people.
    I'd be livid being dragged into something like this whether it was Trump or Hannity.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

By publicly discussing his relationship with Michael Cohen, the subject matter of the legal relationship, and the claim that it was ‘ de minimis’ and brief , Hannity is pretty close to waiving the Privilege or refuting the existing of one. Once you discuss the conversation outside of the presence of the attorney or with another (non firm employee)person in the presence of the attorney, the privilege is waived.

Hannity claims it was a real estate deal. Did he purchase real estate for someone? A former paramour? Paid sex worker? Unpaid sex worker? Possible Sexual harassment plaintiff

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Of all the lawyers in New York, of all the real estate lawyers in New York, why does a guy worth 40 million dollars go to Trump’s bag man? Because the bag man is well versed in paying off potential loudmouth side pieces.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Entirely possible, maybe even likely, but I stand by my theory it's a blind to cover Cohen-Hannity communications on the Mueller probe and how to attack it, and possibly communications about Hannity's alleged communications with Julian Assange prior to the election. If your theory is right, Hannity's the idiot. In the event I'm right, they both are.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Good day for journalism. Post wins Pulitzer for exposing conservative Christian patriotic hero Roy Moore, a pedophile. Times wins for exposing conservative Christian patriot Bill O'Reilly, a sexual harassment veteran.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A main reason why Trump should not be president:

The sheer number of financial conflicts of interests is so large that it’s unclear which direction, exactly, personal business interests would push Trump. But it’s certainly clear that he has interests in the region that are separate from the national interest.

Donald Trump’s corruption means he’ll never be a "normal" commander in chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.