1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"filling out a card"

Suggestion_box.jpg

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And he uses original Nazi identifiers for Jews, now part of the Neo-Nazi vernacular, as slurs on Jewish people he doesn't like.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Let’s Be Friends | The New Yorker

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

From left: Jean Grey, Wolverine, Gambit, Banshee, Beast, Professor X, Storm, Rogue.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Nice strategic edit.

That totally sounds admissible in a court of law. I ran out of hands.

7. YankeeFan

This is worse than Anderson Cooper’s excuse.

If the media wants to call out liars, they need to clean out their own house first.

8. YankeeFan

We doubt the great Tim Russert’s sourcing?

It was good enough for Ryan Lizza and the notorious fact checkers at the New Yorker, why would we doubt it?

9. Dick Whitman

I realize this post isn't intended for me, even though it's a response to me, as I think you know I have on many an occasion been critical of the sourcing or phrasing of Trump coverage.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Drink!

John B. Foster likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

I think that Clinton probably said those words. And I suspect that the context is missing that would completely alter its meaning from what is implied in the Lizza story.

I imagine something like this:

"Ted, will you endorse Hillary?"

"Bill, I'm still undecided. It's remarkable how much support Barack Obama is garnering."

"Ted, I agree. You really do have to give him credit. It's amazing how far America has come. A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags. Now he's a front-runner for the party's nomination."

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Rules of evidence are facets of and contributors to the white supremacist hegemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.