1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Talk about a straw man. This whole thing is based on the premise that theocracy is waning in America when it has been growing for the past 35 years. It conveniently forgets that the official party of theocracy controls all three branches of government and will tighten its hold on the most important of them, the judiciary, when Kennedy and Ginsburg retire.
    It also conveniently ignores that nasty phrase, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," preferring instead to rely on a phrase from a document that, while revered, actually predates the Constitution and the actual establishment of the formal government.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You overflow with compassion.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe there is a huge section of the religious right in America that would gladly go to civil war over their right to emotionally and physically abuse "their" children.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Nobody tells me how to raise my kids."

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YTW

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can you imagine one of your children being in Alfie's situation?

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You guys are making my point about modern American liberalism better than I ever could. Bravo.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I think the government should have pulled back a while ago.

10. RickStain

I got off lucky. All I got was a few spankings and a lot of childhood terror at the idea that at any moment everyone I loved might suddenly disappear and I would be stuck trying to figure out how to drive the car or survive on my own because I said a cuss word without specifically saying the right penance chant before bed. And a couple of awkward altar calls where my dad had slipped word to the camp counselor that he wanted to put a scare in me, so they pretended to have the spirit of God tell them to call me out. A lot of kids out there are getting a lot worse abuse from this crowd.

11. RickStain

Yes. And I'd probably react similarly to his parents. And I'd be wrong.

12. RickStain

Good. I want you to know very specifically that you are wrong, the causes you support are evil, and the culture war is on. I like my side's chances given the demographics involved, but we'll find out one way or another.

Slacker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.