1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boom sent me his files when he was banned.

Interesting thing is, he sent it from his work email.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Failing to disclose his relationship with Cohen was wrong.

lakefront likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why did Boom get banned, again?

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

She's famous. She doesn't hold an office and isn't seeking one, which makes Mitt Romney more relevant to this discussion than she is. She's Colin Powell. We're not talking about Colin Powell.

Now I have a long drive to make, so you won't have to worry about saving me again for a few hours.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Small-government Hannity using HUD loans to buy low income apartments. Hypocritical grifter. Fucking welfare queen.

Baron Scicluna and lakefront like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We might be if: 1) great swaths of the country considered him something of a President-in-exile; and/or B) he was out promoting a book in which he ... explains ... his loss to the current occupant of the Oval Office.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. poindexter

Not sure if you are asking in an ironic way, a rhetorical way, or out of genuine interest, but he was banned for yanking people's chains a few too many times.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I understand vaguely that that's kind of the gist, but that seems like an overreaction. There's no way he'd get banned today for that, I don't think. For the most part, you're OK as long as you don't get belligerent with people Ragu likes.

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  9. YankeeFan

Why?

It was an informal relationship, where he simply asked for legal advice from a friend.

He never received a bill. But, because it was legal advice, the conversation is still privileged.

And, anyone who's listened to his radio show knows that he's friends with Cohen. He's talked about the friendship numerous times.

Meanwhile, a number of journalists have used the same lawyer (Bob Barnett) as Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and George W. Bush. Should they disclose this every time they report on one of his other clients?

10. YankeeFan

If Mitt Romney or Colin Powell was falling down, and breaking a bone, or suffering a concussion, every two weeks, while pretending nothing else was wrong with them, I bet we would be talking about them.

People want to infantilize Hillary Clinton, and protect her from all scrutiny, while also telling us how talented she is, and how she should have been elected President. It's an odd way to treat someone.

11. poindexter

12. poindexter

God, Tom Cruise's girlfriend was so cute in that movie.

John B. Foster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.