1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A liberal's favorite insult has always been to call a conservative a homosexual:

2. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I'll ignore the obvious "not as hard to watch as one of his movies" joke, but there is something disingenuous about Schneider here. Not just that he claims to be independent despite all evidence to the contrary. But considering how precious air time on SNL is, he probably would have cut someone's throat to get such a prominent impression when he was on the show. I'm not sure what his politics were during the early 1990s, but I'm doubting he would have passed on a Clinton impersonation because he lacked political impartiality.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Couldn't be prouder of Joy.

[​IMG]

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're going to talk about the evils of celebrating somebody losing a job? That's funny.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Rob Schneider is Scott Baio. Not quite as talented, though. ;)

6. YankeeFan

He does make a fair point though.

SNL used to be an equal opportunity comedy show. They made fun of both Bushes and Bill Clinton, and then decided that their was just nothing they could make fun of Obama for.

And, now that we have Trump, it's back to full on mockery. There is no potential surprise.

It's kind of funny too. In the last couple of days, I've learned that everyone has long know that Hillary Clinton is a total klutz. The woman can't go a couple of weeks without falling.

How come that never became a source of comedy?

Ford fell down the stairs to AF1, in the rain, while helping his wife, and it came to define him, as SNL played it for laughs.

A stumbling Hillary would have been hilarious, but we never got it.

7. YankeeFan

A. If I've celebrated someone losing a job here, produce the post.

2. Are you ok with @typefitter celebrating Caleb Howe's firing?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No way Schneider ever would've been able to kick up a board like Scotty Baio.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Caleb Howe danced on Roger Ebert's grave. I danced on Howe's job loss. I'm fucking ecstatic about it. I hope he never finds work again.

BadgerBeer, Fred siegle and Stoney like this.
  10. YankeeFan

Yes. You're a big fan of the "two wrongs make a right" line of thinking.

That doesn't make you a better man than Howe. it makes you more like him than you'd ever want to admit.

What's the deal with getting so emotional about Ebert anyway? Was he a lover friend of yours, or something?

11. YankeeFan

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Careful, bright lights. You know what happens when you get angry.

BadgerBeer and melock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.