1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Being depressed and horrified by something we can't stop isn't the same as not knowing about it.

When you're down 25 with four minutes left in the fourth quarter, you pull the starters and wait for the next game.

Hoping we're not in Game 7 at this point.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If no one is talking about it, it's not a problem!!

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The next president will have the longest to-do list in the history of the written word.

garrow likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Pedophiles and grifters. Quite the administration.

5. YankeeFan

Meanwhile, about that Blue Wave...

Dems led in the generic congressional vote polls by 13 points as recently as December, that lead is down to 3 points, with some polls showing it even close, or with Republicans in the lead.

And, as @RickStain would tell you if he was here, even a +3 for Dems isn't going to do much.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - 2018 Generic Congressional Vote

6. YankeeFan

Next president?

Won't Empress Ivanka take over, once Trump dismisses Congress, abolishes the Constitution, and names himself ruler for life?

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

OK, but you were quite insistent that the graph you liked proved your point.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've decided, sitting here doing work that makes me happy in the pretty light of early summer and with good music in my ears, that my life is better not engaging you on this stuff. You are impervious and mindless and blind. But here is one of the most telling facts of your president: How many people would be really, truly surprised if he found some reason to suspend the next presidential election? Would you? I wouldn't be shocked. I would have been shocked had any previous president done so. Now I'm kind of expecting it. That's how much things have changed, and you can't see it, because he speaks so plainly to you and your fears. The easiest way to define Americans now, to put them into camps, is by what scares them. You live in a time when every American is scared of something: half the president, and half the other. Your country is supremely fucked. Whether you think so or not, whatever you believe in, I don't care anymore.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Given how the man has P.T. Barnum'd his way to being the most powerful human in the world, I expect the overheating of the economy and hyperinflation will kick in about three minutes after Trump wheels out of the Oval Office in a gold, MAGA-crested motorized scooter in 2025.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. Ask Paul Manafort about it.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and money laundering are very much in the special counsel's mandate, or so say a couple of federal judges.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I simply can't fathom why you let @YankeeFan get under your skin so much.

lcjjdnh and SpeedTchr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.