1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's the scenario in which the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, but Jared wasn't a part of it?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Who restored Jared's clearance?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The GOP has pushed this entirely too far, and it's going to bite them hard, even in the bright Red states like Kansas and Oklahoma. Support for the teachers seems near universal. A teacher running for the state lege in Kentucky knocked off the state speaker of the house who pushed for the education cuts and pension raids. If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.

I loved this intro.

Red-State Teachers Just Scored a Victory That Could Transform the GOP

"Conservative voters in America have it rough. Sure, they have one of the best-funded — and most influential — ideological movements in any Western democracy; our bizarre political institutions make their votes count more than anyone else’s; and their preferred political party currently controls every branch of the federal government, along with a hefty majority of statehouses and governors’ mansions.

But in Western Europe, voters can cast ballots for politicians that give voice to their religious traditionalism, resentment of ungrateful minority groups, and fears of mass immigration — without getting their schools defunded, health-care subsidies cut, streams poisoned, and workplace protections repealed.

Like their counterparts across the Atlantic, most self-identified conservatives in America do not actually support tax breaks for the rich funded by cuts to public goods and social programs that benefit the working class. Nor, for that matter, are they typically passionate about allowing corporations to pollute the environment with impunity, steal wages from their workers, or gamble with their clients’ retirement savings."

4. YankeeFan

Is there any reporting that disputes this?

Mr. Kushner’s clearances were approved by career officials after the completion of the F.B.I. background check, and the president was not involved in the process, according to the person briefed on the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity because clearance decisions are supposed to be secret.

Jared Kushner Gets Security Clearance as He Tries to Move Past Mueller Inquiry

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like Trump sees his Nobel Prize slipping away. He's blaming China, who undoubtedly has a hand in what's going on... but John Bolton deliberately stuck a knife in the talks with NK, and Trump running his mouth on Twitter was a factor as well. He has no understanding of the history or the politics, and no patience to learn even the basic issues.

Trump Blames China’s Xi Jinping for Sabotaging the Kim Jong Un Summit

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought you had a problem with stories based on unnamed sources. I wonder why you are so happy to accept this one on face value. Oh wait. No, I don't.

Next time you try to claim that you aren't a complete hypocrite when such matters arise, this will be a lovely example that you are full of shit.

I'd keep it in a listing of old posts like you do, but I'll leave that level of desperation to "win" SJ.com to you. Besides, you expose your hypocrisy often enough that it shouldn't be hard to find the next example if I can't dig this one up.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

Is anyone disputing this story? Is there any reporting to the contrary?

Any reporting that this is the case here?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please note that none of that contradicts my point. You're happy to accept one unnamed source, something you constantly rail against in other situations. You are a hypocrite.

10. YankeeFan

It was an official source, just one unable to have their name attached.

There’s also no one denying the story, or contradicting it.

What’s the issue?

11. YankeeFan

#NeverTrumper, #Resistance leader, and backer of Evan McMullin thinks prison rape is funny:

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, Jared should be worried. Those guys are animals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.