1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, that’s no evidence to suggest Trump’s deferment was anything other than legitimate, right?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So you're saying if not for the medical issue, he would have served?
    One Trump supporter told me he was actually on the plane to boot camp when he was told about it.
    Of course he was.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Completely legitimate.

Why do you defend anything Trump? You know damn well it wasn't legitimate. Not unlike many silver spooners of that generation.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wind swept prairies. LOL.

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
    There's a bright golden haze on the meadow ...

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

With everything else that has come out about him, and all the opposition research done against him, and there’s not one bit of evidence of chicanery in his deferment, but we’re all supposed to just assume it was some how arranged?

By whom? Who sought it on his behalf, and who granted it?

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. How the fuck do you misspell speech?

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah! It's not like Trump has a history of paying doctors to say whatever insane things he wants!! Show the evidence, liberals!

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna and melock like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It was Trump a nd Dick Cheney on the flight GWBush was flying.

BadgerBeer and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

This isn't a big deal for me. I didn't serve. I understood if veterans were resentful of Bill Clinton for dodging the draft. I just didn't get why it didn't seem to bother them that the people at the front of the line calling him a draft dodger included Rush Limbaugh and Pat Buchanan who finagled their way out of serving.
    One of my friends is a veteran. He loves Donald Trump. Hated Obama, said Obama was working for the enemy, that he didn't respect the military. He said George W. Bush did and Trump does.
    With him, as best I can tell, the issue is that he wants a President who's going to let the people who signed up to fight, fight.
    That's a valid reason to respect a President?

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Another distraction. This one to dodge the assclown's "Happy Memorial Day!" tweet.

11. Smallpotatoes

Well, he is a Trump supporter.

HanSenSE and melock like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Which is more self-centered: the picture of Obama from the back and done for artistic reasons or your boy's Tweet this morning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.