1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

These pardons, and hinting at pardons for his Apprentice friends, is such a fucking joke for anyone with a brain.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

It all makes sense.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Repost from the locked thread:

Samantha Bee calls Ivanka Trump a 'feckless c***' - CNNPolitics

"Ivanka Trump, who works at the White House, chose to post the second most oblivious tweet we've seen this week," Bee said. "You know, Ivanka, that's a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad's immigration practices, you feckless c***!"

"He listens to you," she added. "Put on something tight and low-cut and tell your father to f***ing stop it. Tell him it was an Obama thing and see how it goes, OK?"
    Both CNN and TBS, which hosts Bee's show, are owned by Turner, a subsidiary of Time Warner.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Bee's language was "vile and vicious."

"The collective silence by the left and its media allies is appalling. Her disgusting comments and show are not fit for broadcast, and executives at Time Warner and TBS must demonstrate that such explicit profanity about female members of this administration will not be condoned on its network," Sanders said.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Canada just announced retaliatory tariffs. Good for them.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But he loves Shark Week!

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, Alma.

Didn't mean to imply that you thought this was somehow interchangeable with Roseanne, but that's a fairly popular social media sentiment today.

As to the nature of what was said . . . it's hard to out-vulgar a vulgarian. I would never say it myself. Nor do I much want to hear it. The c-word is a nuclear device.

That said, I cut comics more slack than others. They get to use language differently than I do.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Ivanka Trump very well might be a pussycat. Also might not be. I'm OK with calling people names. But Valerie Jarrett is not the offspring of an ape, and to say she is is a call back to the racial stereotypes forwarded by overt white supremacists. The two things are not an equivalency.

If Roseanne and called Valerie Jarrett a pussycat, or a liberal, or even a Muslim sympathizer, she'd still have her TV show. Roseanne crossed the line, and all instances of "she called me a name!" are not equal.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Roseanne is a comic. I did not cut her any slack.

Nor would I cut Samantha Bee any slack - independently of Roseanne - on this.

(Michelle Wolf, I cut slack, even if I think a comic at a WHCD should stay away from any reference to any woman's looks.)

I think there's some kind of middle ground between Human Puddle Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert, who's funny, but morphing into a one-note, hateful guy.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I did not say they are equal. They are separate. They do not compete with each other.

They are both quite bad in their own ways. They do not have to be ranked to both be bad.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.