1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is great. She chokes it back better verbally, in mid-word, than I do when I type it, lol.

Slacker likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In any apples to apples comparison, the economy and the unemployment rate are better under Trump than Obama.

If you dispute this, tell me why.

But there are still many working-age people on the sidelines of the job market. The labor-force participation rate inched down to 62.7% from 62.8% in April. Though more people joined the workforce in the first quarter of 2018 than in the first quarter of 2017, the share of prime-age workers who are employed still hasn't returned to prerecession levels.

People who give up on unsuccessful job searches are captured in the so-called U-6 unemployment rate, which also includes people who work part time but would rather be full time and which is higher than the headline rate. The good news for job seekers, however, is that the gap between these two rates has been shrinking.

Jobs report beats, unemployment rate falls to 18-year low

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

More lies. Drink!

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He should do great at MSNBC. He has just the skills they're looking for:

"[Rhodes] is adept at constructing overarching plotlines with heroes and villains, their conflicts and motivations supported by flurries of carefully chosen adjectives, quotations and leaks from named and unnamed senior officials."
    - NY Times Mag

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The economy continues on the same trajectory it’s been on since 2010.

Literally the only difference is we no longer have 30 percent of the population who believes a secret Muslim usurper has taken the White House and is trying to destroy America, which has probably helped consumer confidence.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does Sarah lie more often than she just regurgitates the lies told to her?

Either way she’s a thundering twat.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

She's feckless!

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What is partisan about my post?

The article I posted was from the Washington Post. Is it working with your bogeyman to smear the mainstream media?

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Once again: I’d feel like your concern about the credibility in the media was more sincere if you ever even once pointed out blatantly false said things said by right wing media.

But then again: “What difference does it make?”

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I denounce mistakes by all national media.

Like I said, all of this stuff makes it increasingly hard for the media to rebound from its credibility issues, and it sucks for anyone who has ever been a serious journalist.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Citizens of the United States should be far more concerned by the current administration's bungling of the situation and the misleading official numbers that seem to be an attempt to cover up how badly it was handled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.