1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, that and the rape and sexual assault.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Exacerbated by being President while black. Gotcha.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As Carson used to say, "I did not know that." The Gateway Pundit piece didn't exactly make that clear, but the one you just linked and others do.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It seems to me like every conceivable end is in play with this administration.

Trump wins re-election in 2020 and serves a second term.
    Trump loses the Republican primary.
    Trump finishes his term and doesn't run for reelection.
    Trump is impeached.
    Trump resigns.
    Trump dies.

I change my mind about which is most likely every 10 minutes or so.

6. tapintoamerica

Obama declined to ignore various incidents of police zeal in shooting black people. How divisive of him.
    Santorum needs to explain what's divisive about this:

7. tapintoamerica

Of these, losing the Republican primary is the least likely to me. They'll impeach and remove him before they let it get bad enough that somebody might beat him. And they're not going to impeach/remove.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm think the GOP suffers a setback in the mid-terms. Something may happen in December during the lame-duck session - ousted and retiring members of Congress might talk about impeachment - but I doubt it. Suddenly knowing being on TeamTrump isn't a way to stay in power, he starts getting pushback - the Establishment GOP starts saying things like "the party has lost its way" and Trump's approval rating starts to fall and he announces he will not run for a second term because he got 99 percent of what he wanted done (and he'll keep all the campaign money he's raised for himself). Maybe he steps down as well, or since he's a lame duck - starts dealing with the Dems.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Santorum is more likely to be a child molestor than Obama is a Kenyan or Muslim. Little Ricky is weak minded fearful fascist. And he speaks for 30-50 million republicans, who are essentially just like him.

10. tapintoamerica

I go back and forth on that one. Part of me says there's no way Trump decides not to run because that would be an admission of defeat. Then I realize that he never admits defeat or error, and he lies multiple times every day. So he could claim he has already made America great again and ride off to Florida.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't remember him being indicted or convicted.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree with these posts. The Republicans are in too deep to back out now. And Trump will never leave voluntarily. He has a dim sense of what will happen if he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.