1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You’re too smart to keep repeating this. Even if Trump was totally ignorant of any collusion efforts it actually does matter that we know if Manafort tried to fuck with our elections for profit. Some of that shit actually matters even if Crime Boss in Chief knew or not. This “the media treats everything like a bombshell, and it’s really a whimper!” routine is ridiculous. Find the facts. Present them. I don’t care if they nail him or don’t. But find them. The investigation should be separate from the media circle jerk.

lakefront, Inky_Wretch and bigpern23 like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have to believe that Trump heard this was coming via sources in the DOJ. When Trump gets information, he spills it all over. He just can't seem to help himself, forex the job numbers tweet last week.

It would be sweet if Mueller was able to follow that info and busts the leaker. Trump would have a fit.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FSB has had to let it be known to Manafort he and his family are dead if he talks. It's either that, or he's even dumber than Don Jr. and I don't think that's the case.

4. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The fundamental flaw in the pardon process is the ability to pardon someone for crimes they have not yet been convicted of as was done for Nixon. It is hard to believe that the founding fathers intended this.

It does however make a great literary device.

"Dec. 3, 1627

It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this has done what he has done.

Richelieu"

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Looks like Trump has lost the Big Booty Ho base ...

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This doesn't cut the way you think it does.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm echoing what I hear a lot - and what I hear in conversations from people I suppose I think aren't dumb, and in some cases pretty smart. There are only so many memes and curse words and jokes and breathless news reports one can read. The Andy Warhol rule is starting to fall into place: "I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all its meaning."

And, yes, it "matters" in the sense that we know. I agree with that. And I expect we'll know a lot.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Slacker

If smart people allow it to become white noise, the bad guys win and the smart people have less smartierness.

10. Slacker

RickStain could turn her.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I guess. Mueller needs to present his case and ears will perk back up. People have lives to lead. That's why the Roseanne story got so much attention last week. It's different. The Mueller thing...people generally know the sides, they know Trump denies everything, so, OK, now get the fucker.

About the only thing people don't get tired of are comic book movies. And I think America's patience will get tested there, too.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in knowing if the Framers specifically discussed presidential self-pardons. On one hand, you'd have to believe they did. After all, they were creating this new government so they would no longer have to live in a monarchy, and they were repelled by the idea of an all-powerful executive. On the other, if they didn't want POTUS to have the ability to pardon himself, why didn't they just write in the exclusion right there in Article II? Why not just go all Sam Kinison in "Back To School"? SAY IT! SAY IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.