1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Of course, there are also some numbnuts suggesting Hogg made the call himself.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Why?

lakefront likes this.
  3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, you. You are the numbnuts.

QYFW likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And why is that?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I keep wondering if the Evangelical Pollution Agency is going to get a new chief, but then I remember who we're dealing with here.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Gotta get that Chick-Fil-A first yo

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe not... or maybe it was someone who wasn't as smart as he thought he was. We can hope.

HC likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

This story is off topic somewhat, being about customer service of voting.

I live in SoCal and went to vote today at my usual polling place, the "Korean Presby. Church" a few blocks over. They ask for my name and my street address. They rifle through their ledgers and are unable to find my name or address.

Then they say that some polling places were redone at the last minute because of fears of overcrowding and perhaps I was at the wrong polling place and referred me to a different polling place several blocks away. I was sure they were wrong, but out of idle curiosity, I drove to the other polling place, an elementary school.

At the school they again asked me my name and address but were better organized in that and were able to show me a map to inform me that yes, my polling place was really "Korean Presby. Church" .

I return to "Korean Presby. Church" and went into "who fucked up denying me my ability to vote" mode, politely. They got real scared, so I quickly changed into, "I am not blaming you volunteers, but how do we get this problem fixed", mode.

They then admitted they had 30 prior complaints and gave me a provisional ballot.

More Than 118,000 L.A. County Voters’ Names Omitted From Rolls After Printing Error

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This "main opposition leader" has about 2 percent support in the country. Those pesky facts again.

Russian election 2018: why Navalny with 2% support & a criminal conviction is the West’s ‘only’ opposition to Putin

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And then, after all you provisional voters left, they threw your provisional ballots into the dumpster out back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.