1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Trump, leaving for the G7 Summit (and I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they meet) went on some extended BS ramble about how Russia should be at the summit.

Russia was expelled from the then G8 after it annexed Crimea.

He went around in a circle with the whole, 'No one is tougher on Russia than me. ... Putin is wishing Hillary was elected. ... No collusion. ... The democrats colluded. ... And Putin should be at this summit."

He really seemingly has no idea how he sounds.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Donald Trump's G7 temper tantrum - CNNPolitics

When he didn't get the full support of Macron and Trudeau for policies that, well, they don't support, Trump pouted. Publicly.

According to CNN's White House team:

"Even as late as Thursday afternoon, Trump was questioning why he would attend a G7 meeting where he's outnumbered on key issues like trade and climate change. As a series of combative tweets from Macron began emerging late in the day, Trump again raised the prospect of scrubbing all or part of his visit to Canada, asking advisers what the point of attending the summit would be, according to a person familiar with the conversations."

This my-way-or-the-highway (or take-my-ball-and-go-home) approach is what Trump promised as a candidate for president. Past holders of the office had made terrible deals for the US -- Trump would make good ones. He alone knew how to talk to world leaders to get them to do exactly what he wanted. It was all in the art of the deal.

Campaigning is easy. Governing is hard.

And it turns out that simply telling other countries to, say, pay for a border wall (and enjoy it!) or renegotiate broad and complex trade deals isn't as easy as firing someone on a reality TV show.

That reality makes Trump mad. And when he gets angry, he tweets. Watch his Twitter feed over the next 24-48 hours.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

This needs to be on t shirts or posters or buses!

4. Slacker

It needs to be tattooed in bold, block letters on the foreheads of Trump, Pence, McConnell, Grassley and Hatch.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And this was after the White House announced he was bailing on the G7 early.

Hell of a way to treat our allies.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump: Those SOBs on the football field better not kneel!

Also Trump: I'm thinking of pardoning somebody who refused to serve in Vietnam.

Also ...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    garrow likes this.
  9. Slacker

Trump seems to have found his bold new reality show: "MAGA Celebrity Pardons!"

What an open and disgusting display of cheap and shallow grandstanding. SAD!

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Make Asbestos Great Again!

Webster, heyabbott and garrow like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.