1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I believe dq's absence is voluntary, is it not?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m the one in need of comforting.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

No, that's Whitman. Note the fedora.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sea Bass, Baron Scicluna and Slacker like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As often as YF and I wrangled and cracked at each other, it was never personal. I knew that a lot of it was him needling to get under the Lib's skin, and I enjoyed finding fact based answers to toss back. Yeah, some of his shtick got old, but the place is a bit more boring without him. I enjoyed Dick, but between him and his detractors there was a lot of personal animosity and dirty laundry aired that really poisoned the place.

I don't miss the lockdowns.

I'm glad to see that YF can post if he chooses. If I was him I wouldn't want to be hanging in here and trying to defend what's going on. That's probably not the reason... but I wouldn't want to stage a comeback during the current political climate, either.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey @Rainman you better go explain to Trump that he can't do this.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Trump's Law: Trump will make anyone who defends him look like a total moron within 24 minutes of said defence.

TowelWaver, garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From today's WaPo Daily 202:

-- The cost of holding migrant children in newly created “tent cities” is far higher than the cost of housing them in more permanent buildings — with their parents. NBC News’s Julia Ainsley reports: “The cost of holding migrant children who have been separated from their parents in newly created ‘tent cities’ is $775 per person per day, according to an official at the Department of Health and Human Services … It costs $256 per person per day to hold children in permanent HHS facilities like Casa Padre in Brownsville, Texas. And keeping children with their parents in detention centers like the one run by U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement in Dilley, Texas cost $298 per resident per day, according to an agency estimate … At those prices, the additional cost to operate a 400-bed temporary structure for one month at capacity would be more than $5 million.”

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@typefitter Are you prepared to criticize Trudeau if he doesn't repeal the safe third country agreement with the US?

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.