1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Same old shit it’s long been, that Jesus preached against. That we’re good at being Pharisees.

But specifically:

As it relates to why Christians have been embedded for (far) too long in the Republican Party, I'd say two things:

>>The uncoupling is in process and has been for about 10 years. Millennials and young Gen Xers who cut their teeth on the individualistic, seeker-sensitive 90s church are seeing the spell cast over those massive congregations. The spell is ending.

>>To the extent the spell still holds among younger Christians, it's largely abortion. Not gay marriage. Not really. Abortion, tho...even this week, it came up in circles. As a platform emerges for "Christian" candidates over the next decades, abortion will make the cut. So will gun control.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, Alma.

Didn't mean to make you answer the question again.

3. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

If you are upset about what Roseanne Barr said but aren't upset about what Peter Fonda said, you are what is wrong with this planet.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.

I can certainly object to both statements. As can their employers.

Who have the freedom to discipline each one as they see fit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In the meantime, crime is down and the number of people entering the country illegally has been stable or trending down for years.

And a study done by this White House puts the recent contribution of refugees at something in excess of $63 billion over the last decade.

Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees

Instead, we get government by Fox and Friends.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Absolutely outstanding work. But don't rest on your laurels.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Perhaps I have read the wrong tweet by Fonda but I don't really see the comparison to Barr. Fonda's tweet was insensitive and not something I would tweet but I understand what he was doing. These scumbag Trumps have no issue separating brown children from their parents and throwing them in cages. This is undeniable. How do you think Melania would react if the same thing was done to Baron? I but that she would "really care".

Roseanne compared a black woman to a damn dirty ape.

HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nope, while Roseanne was expressing an individual opinion, she represents 10s of millions of assholes. Peter Fonda, a relative minor actor, was expressing an individual opinion shared by dozens of assholes.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is inaccurate. BMW and Mercedes made the offer to drop tariffs on both sides. This came from Germany. The problem is that Germany is in the EU and that they cannot simply make that deal. It would have to come from the EU as a whole to be binding.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Nope.

11. Neutral Corner

lakefront likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.