1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

What was it Michelle Obama said that everyone liked so much?

“When they go low, we refuse to serve!”

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The odd thing about this is that the restaurant is in Lexington, home of Very Male Institute and a private university named in part after a Confederate general. The county surrounding Lexington went 2:1 for Trump.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yup. They went high and lost their asses.

Time to change the batter.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love OJ but you pay like 3.99 for a small glass? No thanks. I refuse.

QYFW likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Correct. Ruled mainly that the Colorado civil rights commission screwed up.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that side doesn't see it that way so nany nany boo boo

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Since I, too, was a would-be professional placekicker, I concur with whatever Stefan Fatsis says.

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Would you serve David Duke? Or a guy with a Swastika tatooed on his head? I am interested if there is a point where you would make the same choice as this business owner did. And again, I absolutely understand where you are coming from but am curious. If Trump ordered immigrants to be tatooed would that do it? Executed? Or is there no point where you would stand up as a business owner? Please don't anyone take this as my trying to start something with Moddy or Q.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is just going to be an anecdotal blip on the radar. Votes will be won or lost based on bigger issues like the economy and how the GOP handles this children in cages mess. Red Hen will sway as many votes as Melania's jacket faux pas

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All the restaurant owner should do is say she has a sincerely held religious belief that compulsive liars shouldn't be served.

Problem solved.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

All of this "go high. We're better than this" nonsense is akin to the college football coach who is a nice guy but is bad at his job because coaches who are more aggressive and use negative recruiting tactics keep beating him out for better players. So while Coach Negative Recruiting goes 10-2 and wins the conference Coach Good Guy goes 6-6 and barely makes the MILFHunter.com Bowl - while a chunk of the fanbase says, "but at least we do things the right way here." Riiiiight.

This country has gotten more angry and more stupid in recent decades. It's how these people have gotten into power and remained there. If you can't plan around that, don't cry to me in November when your game plan of "Hey guys, Donald Trump is a big meanie and we're better than this, am I right?" falls on its ass...again.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mike Huckabee has sold his soul to stay relevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.