1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Most Americans have no earthly idea what they're for on this issue or even how it works. They're for FB and Twitter likes - both sides - and being able to buy stuff everything they want and everybody having a job and all smiles and no tears, their favorite food from their favorite restaurant, raining down from the sky, the fork having already taken a selfie of the plate before the food is being eaten.

We live in a childish America that doesn't even begin to understand compromise, and it informs every level of government and some of the posts here, including some of your own.

I have no idea what you want, other than to argue.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Seems reasonable to me. I see where states determine in some cases the extent to which it is used. This seems silly to me.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The purpose of abolishing ICE is to end the enforcement:

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've got the Redneck Riviera trip with the in-laws next week. Should be fun. Brother-in-law just got divorced about three months ago ... but he's bringing his ex along on the trip. But, on the plus side, the entire crew of in-laws are packing up and leaving on Thursday to get back to the farms and other assorted businesses they own. So we get two nights in a Gulf-front house to ourselves.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or to end the draconian practices of an out-of-control post 9-11 paramilitary organization unprepared to do the work required of it.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I, for one, am glad the SCOTUS is not wasting any time showing its true colors. Now maybe people on the side of good will stop putting their faith in the Mueller mirage, since it's painfully clear any sort of court cases against the traitorous Trump Crime Syndicate will not pass GO. Instead, only a blue wave this November will forestall the accelerated destruction of our society.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This sounds like the opening few lines of a true crime podcast. GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what's the compassionate way to enforce our border, and deal with those here illegally?

Because if every enforcement measure is defined as draconian, then we have no ability to cary out enforcement.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Does the Border Patrol not still exist? Customs? The Coast Guard?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yikes.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Imagine a middle ground where people are vetted before they're allowed to come in. Imagine a work visa program in place that allows people to do the jobs they have done for farmers for generations and then go back home. Imagine...

What am I saying?

This is America, where our current cultural icon is a refit of Slim Pickens riding a giant atomic rod right into the quivering embrace of the tribal backwater that was once a pretty good country.

BadgerBeer and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Grant a vast majority of them citizenship, as if our economy and the standard of living it provides, depends on it. Because it does.

I'd swap that for as much money as you want for a cockamamie border wall in a heartbeat.

FileNotFound and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.