1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

SF writer Carrie Vaughn just threw this quickie up on her FB page.

"IT'S TOUGH BEING COBRA THESE DAYS (an ongoing series)

(Cobra Island, main command bunker.)

Cobra Commander: Gentlemen! I've called you here to discuss my latest convoluted scheme to infiltrate the White House and replace the President with an unqualified decoy in order to sow chaos and despair among the American People, thus furthering my objective of world domination!

(Destro and Zartan both raise their hands.)

CC: Yes, yes, what is it?

Destro: Commander, while I commend your consistency, and must confess my own surprise at how often these schemes *almost* work, in this case I have to question whether such a plan seems just a little. . .how shall I put it. . .

Zartan: Redundant.

CC: What do you mean?

Zartan: You run the risk of replacing the president with a decoy who is, not to put too fine a point on it, *more* qualified.

Destro: In fact, replacing the current White House occupant with a decoy might actually *improve* matters.

CC: So what you're saying is...the world would look on me as a savior!

Destro: No, that isn't actually--

(Zartan puts his hand on his face and shakes his head slowly.)

CC: Yesssssss!!! It's perfect!!!!! We infiltrate the White House, replace the President with a *qualified* decoy, and the world will be ours for the taking! Hahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!"

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Work is ongoing to deceive us on the number of facilities, the number of weapons, the number of missiles," said one U.S. official.

edit to add: why can't he buy a suit that fits?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  5. Neutral Corner

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So you're equating the threats with a guy who actually killed people? Just more obfuscation. Deal with the issue head on.

People are dead because of an attack on the media; after people in high profile political offices were "joking" about attacking the media and inflicting harm.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How's that work for ya?

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No. No? No!

He already had plenty of people pinch their noses and vote for him once, knowing what an asshole he is (and I truly believe all but the diehards think he’s an asshole and don’t like
    him personally.)

If he’s showing signs of success like the economy, I think they’ll definitely be willing to do it again. But if the economy is going to shit, why exactly are you voting for him? Entertainment value?

I don’t think he can survive an economic downturn. I think he’ll be in for a tight race against a very motivated Democratic Party even with a good economy.

10. Neutral Corner

With a little luck the trade war will really be starting to bite by November, although I think if it looks bad Trump will declare victory and back down if he has a chance to.

He's highly allergic to taking the blame for his actions.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I wonder how many GOP senators would oppose Trump if he nominated Pirro to the Supreme Court seat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.