1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't understand your complaint.

The talking point is suggests that Republicans/Trump supporters are inherently uncivil, because they reject political correctness. Now, maybe some are uncivil, but that has nothing to do with being against political correctness.

I'm against political correctness. Am I uncivil?

The Huffington Post tweet is just an example from the last 24 hours, from a liberal, but mainstream publication, that is celebrating something, in a way that positions it as something that you can't possibly disagree with.

And, as tolerant as I am towards any and all lifestyles, this concerns me in ways similar to how the JonBenét Ramseys of the word concern me.

But, because he's a "drag kid" we're all just supposed to think it's awesome.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump's supporters believe that when Trump actually uncivil, he's just being political incorrect, not uncivil. (He is being uncivil, but they repackage it as "well, he's just being honest.")

When the woman in the restaurant kicked Sarah Sanders out of the restaurant, she was not, from what I can tell, either politically incorrect or uncivil. She was just plain discriminatory. And I think she was because she wanted to stand up for her employees. It's not the choice I would have made.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You don't have to think it's awesome. But you also don't have to engage with it at all.

It's like comments I saw on stories about the MLS player coming out. "Why is this news?" There are plenty of things in any given sports section I don't give a shit about. Sponsorship news, most team sales, anything golf. But I don't question why they're covered. I just accept that I'm not the target audience and skip over them. That's an option on this tweet, too.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What's wrong with him being a drag kid? Be specific.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trump called peacefully protesting African-Americans "sons of bitches." That's not uncivil?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The post got effed up. I had originally quoted the tweet, wrote something, and I didn't check back.

I think Trump's uncivil. What I was trying to say is...his supporters don't.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Discriminatory" implies a group.

The owner did not discriminate against a group.

She 86'ed a particular individual.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Judged by the content of her character. Where have I heard that before?

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Because she's a member of a group. That group happens to be the Trump administration, but it's still a group.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, come on now. The whole scenario was political discrimination. The phone call to the owner, the owner coming down to the restaurant, denying service, all of it.

It wasn't good.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump often is uncivil.

That he rejects political correctness in not the reason for his incivility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.