1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you read the story, you see not just challengers but people like current House members such as Dana Rohrbacher and Matt Gaetz, who cozy up to Holocaust deniers; former sheriff Joe Arpaio, found to have violated the civil rights of Hispanic citizens in the jurisdiction that elected him to a powerful position; and current Senate nominee Corey Stewart, a vocal support of the Unite the Right event, in which one person was murdered last year.
    And Ellison is retiring.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

And what has changed since then? While the National Review has dared on occasion to commit the sin of criticizing your dear leader, I doubt it has changed its stripes entirely.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Dude, she has MS. ... AND HER EMAILS!!!11!!1!!!

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Guy_Incognito

My dear leader?

6. Guy_Incognito

That article was written in the wake of them firing one of their columnists for racist comments. I don't read it much anymore, but if you're the one making the accusations, why don't you give some examples of what you have read that struck you as racist?

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Guy_Incognito

That's wonderful, I didn't know that. Did the Democratic leadership finally stand up to him? Is this a message that cloaked anti-Semitism won't be tolerated by the progressive left?

9. Slacker

JFC, who cares? Hillary just coughed again.

Also, for fuck's sake, Pocahontas. ... BROWN PEOPLE!!!

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He's not retiring from public life, just Congress. He is running for - and will likely win - Minnesota attorney general.

11. tapintoamerica

Agreed that it's absurd that Ellison holds any stature in the DNC. But let's not confuse an honorary position with actual support of governance. Ellison never chaired a House committee in the years in which the Democrats held control.
    Contrast that with some of the Trumpists currently chairing House committees:
    Marsha Blackburn (Communications and Technology) cozied up to the League of the South: http://tndp.org/2017/08/rep-marsha-...-give-the-opening-prayer-in-congress-in-2004/
    Steve King (Constitution and Civil Justice): We could go all day with this conservative hero and his loyalties.
    Joe Wilson: "You lie" at Obama SOTU et al.
    Mark Meadows (Freedom Caucasian, Government Operations): Tight with the John Birch Society.
    Mark Meadows, Jeff Sessions to headline event co-sponsored by John Birch Society | The Progressive Pulse
    Martha McSally (Border and Maritime Security): Says we need an enhanced border between California and Arizona. Martha McSally Isn't a Moderate Republican (Anymore)

Shall I go on?

12. Slacker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.