1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Bingo.

And some of this is spurring on the WalkAway movement, which I find fascinating.

If both parties have major factions split, and we wind up with 3, 4 or 5 influential parties that have to be swayed, well, maybe more good things can happen to the country, driven by the moderates from both left and right.

Then again, 3 to 5 parties reminds me of 1920-1933 Germany...

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pruitt didn't quit. Kelly gave him the word that the Boss was tired of hearing about all his scandals.

3. Neutral Corner

I saw the Bill Maher in Oklahoma HBO show this weekend. He was very outspoken about the need for Dems to stick a cork in all the far left PC/Snowflake/Trigger Warning bullshit that pisses off potential votes from the middle. I agree with him, but I found it interesting that he was out there pounding that drum to all his viewers.

OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He’s right. Absolutely fucking right. I mean left. No, correct.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not suggesting we all just sit on our hands until the next election, but this whole "let's ruin their lunches!" play just feels like the last brain cell firing. There just have to be more effective strategies than making SHS use Uber eats.

That said, I don't know what they are. I'm no political strategist. I guess I'd just like to hear more about the people that are hopefully going to replace these clowns than hear about how sad angry dems are making them.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'm all for picketing. Signs get the message out just fine, and those photos can go viral.

But harassing people and invading their personal space in a restaurant or store goes too far. It also ruins your protest effort when you come across as a raging lunatic on the video, which also goes viral.

I'm pretty OK with the two McConnell clips, though. He's run away twice now without comment. Cowards duck and run.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

poindexter likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

It's their party and they can run if they want to.

Sea Bass likes this.
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.