1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He's a regular Pol Pot.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Well, since Pol Pot was a dictator, your boy probably admires him.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Not at all. Pol Pot is in the White House. The turd McConnell is much more like Goebbels.

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Guess not all NFL employees have to keep their personal political stances in the locker room.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

An NFL owner in an uber-conservative state backing a Trump pick. Knock me over with a freaking feather.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I know there’s no jobs where the execs play by different rules than the rank and file. Unprecedented.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Literally speaking, this is going to be among the evening's sillier statements. While I'm glad the vote was 9-0, I think Sen. Harris and other African Americans would have been freed from the shackles that modern Trumpists long to re-institute if the vote had been 8-1. Everybody understands the general sentiment here, but a rephrasing might be in order.

8. HanSenSE

Hate to say this about one of my state's senators, but I wonder about Harris' grasp of things at times. She's great at tweeting "Congress needs to do something to stop ______," but I rarely hear what her plans are to do something about it.

9. HanSenSE

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Woodward made CJ Burger’s point in The Brethern that unanimous rulings by the Supreme Court in landmark decisions was important. Burger worked hard to get it as Warren tried to as well. It makes it more difficult for radical justices later to ignore the constitution and impose their personal extrajudicial reasoning on the court. We have seen that with Scalia and Thomas

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just for shits and giggles . . .

Has America ever not liked a "president"?

Seems like everyone we have a problem with is always a "dictator". Surely there have to have been some bad "presidents" or "prime ministers" somewhere down the line, no?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.