1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Urban liberal circle jerk is redundant.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What is their point?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Or Baptist!

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

At present the standard of proof for campus sexual assault investigations is "a preponderance of evidence." Strictly a women's concern?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Is the Trump cover the wrap-around?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on, man ... if you're not with them you're agin' 'em ...

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I didn't know Matthew Modine was still around.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's the point of any protest? To show strength and (hopefully) create new activism and engage voters, right?

10. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

As someone who once marched at that event and finds abortion reprehensible, I'll ask you the same questions that I asked fellow "pro-lifers" whose answers ultimately turned me off from the movement.

Do you fight as zealously for inmates on death row as you do for the unborn? If not, you're anti-abortion, not pro-life.

Do you fight for financial assistance for all women who turn to abortion with a heavy heart because they don't know how they'd make ends meet when raising a child, even if that means raising taxes or reallocating government funding? If not, you're pro-birth, not pro-life.

If a woman opts to terminate a pregnancy for purely selfish reasons, she's evil in my book. But I think the "pro-life" movement has turned every woman seeking an abortion into this evil caricature because it allows them to reconcile their piousness with the fact that they don't care about these babies and mothers once they're born.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you have an issue with this rally that's fine, I just want to ask one question: did you take issue with Glenn Beck's tea party rally in 2010 in the same way?

If the answer is "no," you're done talking.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Nailed it, NC. My wife, teenage daughter and one of her friends are heading to the local women's march shortly, and I'm proud to be their chauffeur!

I'll give you all a report of my afternoon spent with a couple thousand women ... ;)

Seriously, today in our area, there's the annual Pro-Life protest in North Idaho, and the women's rights march in Spokane, Wash. That tells you all you need to know about my region's politics.

Which side are you on?

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.