1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have to say, I still think the color of our flag was altered for the presentation when trump went to NK. Is there anything in writing that says it was? It seemed so obvious to me but there was no mention that I could find.
    I am shocked that people were not upset that we would alter the colors of the flag. Must have been the lighting?

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

What if we put ketchup on nothing? That seems better.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think bringing Obama into this is just deflection.

I am unsure if anyone has mentioned this or not anywhere, but if a guy is spending this amount of baseball tickets, I doubt he is going to all the games. He probably offsets the costs by selling them on stubhub or eBay or Craigslist or whatever.

Now, let’s say he gets $20,000 over the course of the season selling the tickets. Does that need to be reported? That could be an issue.

I could give a shit about what is put on credit. It’s if he is making the payments on time or not is what I want to know and the percentage of his salary outto credit. It seems like he has s paying things off pretty easily.

The NFL, in the late 80s or early 90s used to have a minimum salary refs needed to make in their non-football jobs to be a ref. They felt if they were not financially set then they could be swayed by bribes. I think the number back then was 90 or 110 thousand.

So looking at his financial background is important.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jacob Wohl. LOL

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm a day late on this, but if you purchased a $1.2 million home on June 1, 2006, with 10% down (because, America) with a 6.7% mortgage rate (I googled rates for 2006), and just did a standard 30 year amortization, your outstanding balance today would be $871,135.

lakefront, lcjjdnh, BTExpress and 3 others like this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't play dumb. You are "defending" the Trump administration. And I want to know what basis you have for defending ALL of them, outside of they wear the same color as you.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He demands answers!

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

17821D8C-FA90-4E79-ABB2-F3A8C48FB476.jpeg

The dark blue on the left is the U.S. flag blue, according to the American Legion.

The light blue on the right is the North Korea blue, according to various internet sources which do not have the same godlike flag authority as the Legion.

It would take some pretty special lighting to make the perception of those colors as the same.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There’s not a whiff of ethical or financial impropriety in Judge Kavanaugh’s history.

There’s nothing unusual about how much mortgage debt he’s carrying.

There’s no indication that he’s “bad with money”.

And yet, people are trying to create an issue, and smear him.

Meanwhile, our previous president had all kinds of shady financial dealings, and the very seem people who are “concerned “ about Kavanaugh’s finances never said a thing about them.

What does that tell you?

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The economy rapidly improved once liars and morons decided the employment numbers were no longer fake and stopped saying the Workforce Participation Number was the single most important employment indicator.

Which one are you?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From today's WaPo Daily 202:

A congressional report found three companies shipped approximately 1.6 billion opioids to Missouri pharmacies between 2012 and 2017. The figure would provide an average of 260 opioid pills for every person in Missouri during the five-year period. (Katie Zezima)

I googled Missouri population and the top number that came up was 6.114 million people. Calculator says that equals 261.94 opiate pills for every man, woman, and child in the state over those five years, or 52.33 per person annually.

Either it really hurts to live in Missouri, the drug companies are vastly over shipping opiates, or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.