1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hate to go down this road and bring her up, but the same people smearing him also backed a presidential candidate and former secretary of state who was by her own admission "broke" less than 20 years ago; rallied from that while holding a high office in the federal government and a prominent and influential place in American politics; and who had attributed to her a number of shady financial dealings stretching back 30 years or more.
    But that's probably just Whataboutism.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It tells me you're always full of it. Here we have Candidate "There is nothing shady about Russians laundering money by buying my properties" Trump bitching and complaining about President Obama declaring income for people overseas buying his book.

Financial disclosures are a regular part of all of this. For everyone. Except of course, The Cult Leader.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes. If only someone in the last thirty years had thought to investigate Hillary Clinton and her finances.

I don't think anyone is trying to "smear" Kavanaugh, especially when we're being subjected to plenty of pieces like this: Opinion | I don’t know Kavanaugh the judge. But Kavanaugh the carpool dad is one great guy.

I think it's fair to ask financial and ethical questions of SCOTUS candidates, especially in light of Schroedinger's Credit Report, in which he simultaneously owes $45000 and $200000 on his credit cards. And is asked to sit on cases like this, Consumer advocacy groups are extremely worried about Brett Kavanaugh

If you found out your brother-in-law was carrying $45000 in credit card debt, you'd think he was the stupidest man alive.

That said, I don't think Kavanaugh is on the take or more susceptible to bribery than anyone else. I just think he's bad with money the way most Americans, including me, are bad with money.

7. Neutral Corner

Paulie is looking kinda rough. He lost his VIP jail cell. Pressure just ramped up.

lakefront likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He’s not carrying $45,000 in credit card debt. He’s paid it off/down, likely because the folks he shared his tickets with paid him for their share of the tickets.

And, while Kavanaugh is a good car pool dad, let’s not act like we’ve never seen a profile like this before.

The Times called Sotomayor a trailblazer and dreamer on A1, and no one melted down over it.

[​IMG]

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

One cannot simultaneously measure both the level and the trend of someone's liquidity.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We also did her finances.

Fair's fair.

A Look at Sotomayor’s Income and Her Spending

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.