1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looks like 20 million people are going to be without healthcare and a good number of them will never be able to get it again (whether for themselves or their children) because of a pre-existing condition.

Is that a reason people could perhaps be upset? Or do they have to wait until they have a curable illness that they can't have treated?

Inky_Wretch, Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is "SNL" a repeat tonight? If not, "look, shiny object!"

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Saw similar signs in Spokane. Technically a women's rights rally, basically everybody with a left-wing cause came with their group. The only thing uniting the crowd was their hatred of Trump and the GOP agenda.

That being said ... it was encouraging to see three or four times the 2,000 people they were expecting. The area of the civic center reserved for the rally was full two hours before the march started, but everyone mingled outside. Very chill, peaceful protest and march through downtown. Surprisingly, almost no Trump fans along the route ... just a few random middle fingers and FUCK YOU from cars driving past.

This type of response and unified opposition will be needed again when Trump nominates his ultra-conservative Supreme Court justice.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And nobody's saying you can't wring your hands about it, babe. It's one of those few rights you still have.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's gonna steal the Social Security I've been paying into for 45 Fucking years for tax cuts to stuff into his own billionaire pockets and the pockets of his billionaire ass kissing buddies.

Fuck him. Resist. Rebel. By Any Means Necessary.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What you don't know about Social Security is a lot.

SpeedTchr and jr/shotglass like this.
  7. jr/shotglass

I will believe it when it happens, and if it does happen, I don't really know what I can do to stop it. So am I going to put myself in an early grave worrying about it? I'll leave that to you.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So what's your point then? Nothing bad is going to happen? Something bad already happened.

9. jr/shotglass

Something bad happened with every president we've ever known. What's your point?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'll be in the grave soon enough, and sooner thanks to these fascist motherfuckers cutting off my health care. Might be fun to take a few of them along with me.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Nothing bad happened the past eight years. To think otherwise is racist.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

I'll stop now when he starts agreeing with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.