1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I feel like I’m hosting a game show this morning.

QYFW is an outstanding contestant.

Vanna, show him what he’s won.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

When will SOMEONE start standing up to him. It's nice to hear but they have to start saying these thing to him.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It's swell that Roberts mentioned it later, but in the moment he should have ceded his question back to CNN.

HanSenSE and John B. Foster like this.
  5. lakefront

The talking heads on tv do seem to be getting more upfront lately, I have noticed they are calling out the lies more forcefully. I guess it takes a long time to get use to the idea that the potus is a buffoon and compulsive liar and that he should be covered that way. I think they have tried to stick to old standards but are realizing this guy is different.

6. lakefront

I was just talking about this! Is it brand new?

7. lakefront

I've seen that here, still good though. (tough times, tough talk)

8. lakefront

Darn, my cable company does't carry that channel.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Judge Kavanaugh is an only child.

I am now less worried about his ability to pay off his mortgage.

Ed Kavanaugh’s career may shed light on his son’s hostility to government regulation, a major reason conservatives are so enthralled by his nomination to the Supreme Court. He spent more than two decades in Washington as a top lobbyist for the cosmetics industry, courting Congress and combating regulations from the Food and Drug Administration and other agencies. (Among his hires for legal work: John G. Roberts Jr., now the chief justice.)

In current parlance, as an old friend put it, the elder Mr. Kavanaugh and his associates were “swamp creatures,” using money and connections to fend off demands for safer products and greater transparency about ingredients. He was a golf partner of Tip O’Neill, the longtime Democratic House speaker, who weighed in to support Martha Kavanaugh’s nomination to a judgeship. He was paid $13 million, including his retirement package, in 2005, his last year at the Cosmetics, Toiletry and Fragrance Association, records show.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good. Now we can stop pretending he's some sort of up-from-nothing success story.

Also, carrying that much credit card debt is/was/always will be super stupid.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Take it to the Darwin Award thread.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.