1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Are you *seriously* equating CNN and the Daily Caller?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Congrats, Trumpists. This is your tribe.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does it matter whether or not they are equal?

If a news organization is in the right, their fellow news organizations should back them, regardless of where they stand on the political spectrum. And, the same goes if they act inappropriately.

I don't see any reason why Roberts should have ceded his question to Acosta, when it was Roberts who was called on, and Acosta tried to interrupt, to ask his own question.

Forget about the President for a minute. Acosta was rude to Roberts, and people are criticizing Roberts.

5. Neutral Corner

Roberts does not seem to share your outrage about it, and he was putatively the offended party.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trumpists don’t care. They love it. They revel in it. They would lynch that woman and rape her dead body.

7. Neutral Corner

This is an interesting thread, looking at the changes in Trump's advertising buys and media strategy in the weeks after the DNC and Clinton campaign were hacked.

lakefront likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

I haven't seen everything Roberts said, but my understanding is that he defended CNN and NBC as news organizations. Did he say that Acosta was justified in interrupting him, because he hadn't been called on?

9. YankeeFan

It's dumb,

If Trump's campaign reallocated money, and time, to the Midwest because they has stolen Hillary's data, then why didn't the Clinton campaign react similarly, and send their candidate to Wisconsin?

Go look at Nate Silver's response, and that of others

Everyone knew that if Trump was going to win, he needed to carry Pennsylvania -- which is why I din't think he would win -- and a couple of other Midwestern states.

10. heyabbott

Trump was right. It was a rigged election. Russia manipulated the election and the vote totals in swing states. FakePresident

11. YankeeFan

12. heyabbott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.