1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan, I know you're busy policing not just PMs but also media ethics, so maybe the president's choosing of Russian interests over America's continues to slip past you, but I thought I'd give you a third chance to finally answer my question.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes let's focus on the interruption (excuse me while I clutch my pearls) and ignore that he called a major media outlet fake news simply because it isn't kissing his ass like Fox. And let's further ignore his discrediting legitimate reporting simply because NBC doesn't kiss his rotundus ass. And let's further ignore that he consistently does this. That he continually erodes the institution of a free press in the United States that serves as the ultimate check on government because it it is acting as the ultimate check on government. But please, let's keep talking about the interruption.

Now I'll pause for you to make some remark about the press having an agenda while ignoring the Fox News right wing propaganda machine ...

Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Folks, you heard it here first: Number of children has no effect on family finances.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Acosta doesn't "interrupt" Roberts.

It's pretty standard in a press conference setting to start asking your question as you're raising your hand. Which a number of people do here, including Acosta and Roberts.

Trump is looking right at both Acosta and Roberts.

As Acosta is asking his question, Trump calls on Roberts.

Then delivers the running "fake news" sidebar.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The witch hunt is the accusation that Trump campaign "colluded" with the Russians in this operation.

To date, no evidence of this has been presented, and no American has been charged in connection with it

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're being ridiculous. Of course he interrupted Roberts --and I'm sure it's no coincidence that it was a FOX news reporter he chose to interrupt.

You also have the timeline wrong. He calls on Roberts before Acosta shouts his question.

And, let's not forget, during the Obama administration, his aides gave him a list of who to call one, and he stuck to it. Those who had been pre-approved for questions were notified of their status ahead of time, and no one interrupted -- even when smaller, niche outlets like American Urban Radio Networks were called on, and outlets like the Washington Post and FOX News were frozen out.

The Fake News complaint might be the most ridiculous of all. The media invented the term, and the charge, and now cries when it's turned around on them.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"You're doing a heck of a job, Donny."
    [​IMG]

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You took more than 24 hours and this is the best you can come up with?

Are you no longer getting the talking points?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Time will tell.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.