1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is 87D chess boxing!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I invite you to be the impartial observer.

Take a look at it, and tell us what you see.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

Yes. Exactly.

It didn't occur to me that Q drew up Chait's chart.

[​IMG]

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"President Trump no longer doubts the basic intelligence assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 election — he just seems incapable of taking it seriously, and tells staff that is simply what nations do, several sources close to Trump tell me."

Why Trump gives Putin a pass on Mueller revelations

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. Rand Paul is the only American politician my wife likes. Really.

American journalists really are Trump-level ignorant about what the US did to Russia in the 1990s. Yeltsin was OUR guy. WE told him to sack his prime minister in 1999 because the PM wanted to rein in the capitalism-run-amok economy that we ushered in and so celebrated --- and that had destroyed his country and allowed oligarchs to pillage the state and take the dollars to America. We equated "more government control" with "COMMUNISM!!!" and told Yeltsin the PM (Yevgeny Primakov) had to go. And so he was dismissed . . . until Yeltsin finally found a man America would approve of. That man . . . Vladimir Putin.

Bill Clinton to Tony Blair, 1998: “The first thing we have to do is get Chernomyrdin confirmed [as Russia’s Prime Minister]. I will see what I can do over there and work like hell to influence the Russian parliament!”

Why the US-Russia Relationship Went Sour After the 1990s

America can't seem to understand why Putin has a 70 percent approval rating. MUST BE FAKE, they claim. Russians simply remember where they WERE when an American puppet was leading their country, and they appreciate the long, painful climb back to some kind of decent life:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is what I picture YF looking like:

D81AB56F-0BAD-4CE1-843C-570FC72246C8.png

HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I hope France makes sure there’s no poison on the trophy after Putin handles it.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's crystal clear on the video that Acosta is well in the middle of asking his question before Fucko diverts to Roberts.

You can say that Acosta began asking a question before being called on, but that's all it was. Trump then dodged Acosta.

It's pretty funny when you say the TV is lying. :cool:

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump.” --House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, June 2016

lakefront likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If Il Douche can say an audio recorded interview with him is fake news than YF is going to follow the lead of his dear leader

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

JFC. That's just not close to what happened.

He calls on Roberts before you hear a single peep out of Acosta, and the person passing the mic around gives it to Roberts.

Not, that it should matter. He was calling on reporters. He acknowledged Roberts, not Acosta. That Roberts had been called on before Acosta pulled his act only makes it worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.