1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

One of the more common quotes is "we have too many lawyers"; well for the first time in my life I truly think we need more lawyers, at least those with legal thinking.

The reason is lawyers ask for proof and don't fall for statements that lack substance.

We need more people, right now more than ever, to say "where's your proof?"

"Make America Great Again"??? How exactly have you done so? Trade war, tariffs? Who has that helped exactly?

"Drain the Swamp?" Explain the conduct of Pruitt? Ross? Cohen? Kushner? The have abused their office more than anyone before.

"Collusion is Fake News"? Why is Manafort, Cohen under federal indictment?

Not these are all try facts and they are more substantive than any slogan you throw out there.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Eric Trump’s most current work product 7BDCD4C1-96AD-4775-9002-2F7137077767.jpeg

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Someone is going to be looking for work soon.
    #cuckalert

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Literally none of this matters. If the 2020 election was tomorrow, GOP media would still be explaining how the Democrat candidate is probably the most liberal liberal of all time, and how this is the most important election of our lifetime.

As per usual, the GOP media exists to convince you that all our problems are the fault of liberals and even though Republicans aren't that great, voting for them is really our only choice, if you truly love America.

Someone today was posting on my Facebook wall about Uranium One. That's how impervious the truthiness bubble is.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's also happened in 10 of the other 29 presidential elections since 1900, including JFK's and both of Bill Clinton's elections. Pretty much any close election, that's going to be the case when you add up all of the third-party candidates.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Why/how is he naive?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to understand what folks are hoping to achieve with this hoped for "tough talk".

Now, I don't think charming Putin is going to get Trump anywhere. But, Obama, and GWB got nowhere with Putin either.

I don't think Obama was standing up to Putin when we changed our missile defense policy.

Meanwhile, for all of his sweet talk, Trump has imposed harsh sanctions, stood up to them at the U.N., and allowed our military to bomb the shit out of Russian mercenaries (troops) in Syria.

Trump thinks that if he talks softly, and carries a big stick, it will be easier for Putin to change policy without being embarrassed.

We know that Obama calling Russia a regional power infuriated Putin. Trump is trying to avoid a situation like this, that would make it impossible to work with him.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Swap out "Democrat/Progressive" for "GOP" and "Republicans," and you also have a true statement.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bashing a man dying of cancer. Mocking his resulting disability. Classy.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump has accomplished one of his goals. Football players won't be kneeling during the Star-Spangled Banner because they'll be playing this instead.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You're truly off the rails if you believe this.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.