1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have to think that Vice President Chin Omelette is just hanging in there, assuming Trump is going to get impeached.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is silly. It’s not what he, or anyone else, said.

The argument is that it’s a national security threat for us to not have our own steel and aluminum industries.

Argue that point if you want, but don’t make a disingenuous argument.

It always amazes me how people want to argue that Trump is an idiot, but instead of arguing the points that he makes, they instead argue easily defeated strawmen.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

You’re half right.

He can’t bring himself to admit that Russians interfered, because he knows, despite no evidence of collusion, or that a single vote was changed as a result, his admission will result in folks trying to delegitimize his election.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That idiot Trump thought Canada burned down the White House one time.

melock likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When the US fucks up over there, it's nothing more than an "Oops!" as far as we are concerned.

But it directly affects all the countries bordering where we fucked up. That alone disqualifies us from being the broker and arbiter of anything over there. It's the definition of moral hazard: We roll the dice, and others pay the price.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

You’re shitting me.

With no evidence, and with no attempt to confirm her suspicion, she wrongly accused an NSC staffer of being a Russian spy.

And, why didn’t she check it out? All for the glory of being FIRST.

And, I’m sure she knew that not even Mic would publish this cockamamie without confirmation, so she posted it on twitter, where it was sure to get passed around well before the truth had a chance to catch up.

But, because she said “my bad” after people alerted her to her error, I’m supposed to applaud her?

Nope. Doesn’t work that way.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nope. She misidentified a person in a picture. In no way did she accuse that NSC staffer of being a spy, she misidentified her as being the Russian accused of being a spy who was seen in twenty or so other pictures much like this one.

Smallpotatoes and Sea Bass like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

12. YankeeFan

When you use a picture to misidentify someone, you attach the accusation to that person.

She’s a real person.

If someone were to see her, they could now mistake her for the spy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.