1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She was also in X-Men: The Last Stand, but that fits in with your characterization of the other stuff she was in being garbage.

The first season of Heroes was actually good, but Ramirez didn't join until the second season, which was crap.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's married. Her husband condemns this.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

One thing I can't quite figure out. Starting with Walter Duranty of the New York Times, who told the world that Joe Stalin was a swell guy while millions were being killed or starved, an element of the media has, if not outright shown support for a Russian leader, at least urged us to get along with whatever dictator was running the Kremlin. Gorbachev in particular was a favorite. But now the left-wing media wants an American President to come out swinging at every opportunity. I get that Trump botched things in Helsinki but when the MSM turn into a bunch of rabble-rousers out for Russian blood?

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

When everything in politics became about the scoreboard. Which I think started in '94, but it might have been before that.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've only spent a few weeks there. Wife has owned a place there since 2001. A magical place. Some things (taxi rides) have no set price structure. You pay what you can negotiate. If you need a favor (doctor's note saying you're sick, a document of some kind), give him a bottle of something. Bribery is just a way of getting things done. Has no negative connotation like it does here. Subways look like palaces.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

GOP lawmakers in Congress
    keep using the word "meddling."

Sorry, but the word is "HACKED."

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Attacked.

Slacker and TigerVols like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, about 20 months ago.

You have to remember, though, that before then, it was "a different time."

World War II, the takeover of Eastern Europe, the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis. I just made all those things up. Russia was never really anything to be concerned about until recently.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Equivalent to 9/11! Just like Kristallnacht!

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So was the woman I used to watch Sex in the City with.

Two kids later, and he's still worked up about it.

Take care of your woman, and it's not going to be an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.