1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You're on the right track.

Before, there was always room for debate. Sure, there were periods of hysteria, but by and large we just hated the ideology, and we didn't make it personal. The Russian leader was just the human face of the staid Politburo. Beginning with Khruschev, we didn't call them dictators. We simply wanted to SHOW that our way was better ("Look how we live, and look how they live."). But we never tried to deny that they had a sphere of influence or national interests of their own. That started in the 1990s.

It's like once their Eastern European buffer went bye-bye, we acted as though their shields were down and they were ripe to be fucked with.

Bronco77 likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The only offense Trump has been involved in was led by Doug Flutie. Need I say more?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Prominent cartoonist gets this place.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Come on ...

garrow likes this.
  5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

She was AJ’s girlfriend in the last season of The Sopranos. Only thing I’ve seen her in.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We are awaiting White House Press Spokesman Dmitry Peskov’s announcement of the agreements which were recorded contemporaneous with the one-on-one meeting

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And by endangered species, the trump administration means black, brown and yellow people

9. Neutral Corner

I'd like to write "This is important, you should read this", because it is. The thing is that Congress has pissed away two years when we could have been building the infrastructure to keep the Russians out of our elections, and raising hell now isn't really going to do much about November.

Do it anyway.

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

Election finance laws? Pffft.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is no doubt in my mind some Congressional Republicans have solicited aid from Russia for the midterms, including vote-rigging. That's independent of Trump. There are plenty of them dumb enough to put their necks in that noose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.