1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Besides the fact that trumpsters are wrong, stupid, irrational and evil, they are not literate. Trump is probably capable of reading but he lacks the capacity and intelligence to do so. He writes like an 8th grader who repeated the 7th grade.
    The right can’t construct a paragraph like. Margaret Talbot :
    “The theatre of cruelty unfolding at the southern border last week was the purest distillation yet of what it means to be governed by a President with no moral center. First, the Trump Administration, enacting its “zero tolerance” policy regarding migrants, forcibly separated children from their parents and detained them in a tent city and in a repurposed Walmart in parched South Texas. Photographs showed children penned in large metal cages and sprawled on concrete floors under plastic blankets. Many were sent on to facilities thousands of miles away. Those under the age of twelve, including babies and toddlers, were discharged to “tender age” shelters, a concept for which the term “Orwellian” does not quite suffice.”

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Lord Cernovich has given unto you these fourteen...oy...eleven! Eleven words!

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking christ

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That isn't even wrong. It's just gibberish, gibberish aimed right at everyone's portfolios. How could this be interpreted as anything but "you should sell now"?

heyabbott likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't understand a thing about the stock market. I happily let professionals handle my money. But in general, isn't this the sort of comment that tends to impact the DJIA? (Obviously, we've never had a president as stupid as the one we have now and so nothing of this nature has been uttered before by a president.)

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There are people in the Kremlin who make Putin look like George McGovern. Go there at your own risk, America.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I agree. Two things suck about it, though. People are so inured to him being a lying piece of shit, that I am afraid it is going to be glossed over and gone from the news cycle in 2 days. Second, even if that isn't the case, getting him on campaign finance law would be a bit like getting Al Capone on tax evasion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.