1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because the country is just humming along, may as well try to run the NFL. After all, look what he did with the USFL.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I feel like we're living in the Upside Down.

Pilot likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Higher interest rates help curb inflation, which is a larger evil (think the Carter years). I submit higher tariffs hurt more.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You know you just invited a full Ragu wall of text, right? ;)

There's a lot going on in the economy at the moment - fuller employment than in years, actual upward pressure on wages, a trillion dollar annual federal deficit, the Trump tariffs. I'm no economist and I don't pretend to have even a clue as to whether we are likely to see an inflationary spiral, but I remember the late Seventies/ early Eighties when home mortgage rates were hitting 15% to 18 %. I never want to see the like again.

I don't for a second believe that Trump has a clue about economics on the national scale. There are damn good reasons why Presidents are not supposed to meddle with the Fed. He can sway the markets far more than he realizes, and that's without factoring in the possibility of the Chinese trying to offset the tariffs by devaluing their currency, let alone starting to sell off their U.S. bond holdings or some other outside influence.

Bottom line is that I trust the Fed a damn sight more than Trump on this.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Ragu's probably working on that wall of text right now.lol

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The only good thing Trump has done about the economy is having an R after his name.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Sometimes I fear these people and their viewers are too stupid to be embarrassed by this.

I can accept reasonable people found reasons to vote for Trump but it’s hard to fathom there are people at home, with all the current events worthy of disecting right now, who are all pumped up for a Hillary email segment. I know KNOW those people exist and that one or two post here but it’s still hard to believe.

Baron Scicluna and Slacker like this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Nasty scar on his leg. Who are the real people, anyone know?

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

melock and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.